top of page

EINSTEIN WINDOW - The secret recipe of super Productivity

Whatever you're doing now or plan to do in the near future, it all falls into two categories. Some of them aren't that important to you, but you still have to. These jobs account for 80% of the total number of jobs. The remaining 20% ​​is of strategic importance. You will spend most of your time doing what is necessary no matter how important it is to you. You are so busy with the first category that you always run out of work for the second category. Time flies. And soon you realize that you have an unfinished to-do list that keeps piling up. Disappointment, depression, despair - everything starts to visit you in turn. And in the end you are still an inferior person. Solution? A well-known leadership speaker, Dr. Todd Devett wrote a great article a few years ago called "The Brutal Basics About Time Management". Yes, I've heard some people say, "It's not time management, it's you management." But in his insightful article, he shares three smart steps to help you find better time management. In a world of busy programs, daily planners, apps, calendars, and tutorials, you might ask: Shouldn't we understand this now? In fact, we think we need all the help we can get given all the input we get from so many digital and traditional sources. Guess what? The answer to great design, happy living and peace of mind lies in simplicity. Devitt believes that all these solutions have made time management too complicated, and offers a three-step answer.

1. Apply 20/80 test : Simply put, some things are more important than others. Specifically, your 20s are the most valuable tasks, projects, and relationships. This "80" is no less significant. People spend too much time on "80" instead of "20" every day. 2. What is your Einstein Window: Aren't you a genius? wait. Problem solving is mostly about readiness. And a big part of preparation is knowing what to do when. 20 or 80? Are you procrastinating doing 80 instead of doing 20? Devitt suggests You are smarter than that. Think about the time of day when your mental ability peaks. I call it the Einstein Window. For most people it is a two to four hour window each day where problems feel like fun challenges. What should you work on during your Einstein Window? You guessed it – a big chunk of your “20” items. In short, you will train yourself to work on the most important items when your brain is experiencing its peak window. During this time, vigorously resist working on any “80” items!

Einstein Window
Einstein Window

3. Protecting the Einstein Window: You need to protect precious Einstein time: learn to say no to others unless it's an emergency, close the office door, pick up your phone, turn off your smartphone, and close your email. Many things can distract you. Devitt suggests trying for at least 30 minutes. Get rid of multitasking and you'll probably feel like Einstein. Some suggest that they leave the office with their laptops and work in a quiet place like a park.

Now you can say "I can't do that in the office! I'm not smart!" Yes, he does things differently. But that's the point. “I never made one of my discoveries through the process of rational thinking.” – Albert Einstein It's all about huge productivity gains, and it all starts with simplification. Simplicity is what Einstein understood. As he once said: “If you can’t explain it to a six year old, you don’t understand it yourself.” – Albert Einstein

Conclusion So, what task do you want to visit in the Einstein window? Needless to say, you already know the answer. Track your biological clock, keep an eye on your work schedule, be aware of your Einstein window, use it wisely, and always protect yourself from otherworldly distractions. Thanks for reading…

Found this post useful!!! Subscribe for free to join the community of curious subscribers to get update on the best curated posts from the internet.

bottom of page